Hey everyone! Today I’m doing a new tag that my sister Jehosheba created!! You can check out her awesome blog here. 🙂 Thanks for the nominations, Jehosheba! ❤
I’m really excited to do this because I absolutely LOVE BOOKS!!!
- Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you
- Include the tag graphic in your post
- Answer the ten questions the blogger asked
- Nominate between five and ten bloggers
- Ask your nominees ten book-related questions!
- Don’t feel bound to these rules
- (Most importantly) Have fun!
- What’s the most recent book you’ve read?
I just finished reading In God’s Underground by Richard Wurmbrand. It’s a really amazing story of faith in the midst of incredible torture and pain.
- What’s a common theme you’ve seen in all of your favorite books?
That’s a good question…*thinks for a while* I’d say hope in the midst of horrible, dark situations.
- What’s the funniest book you’ve read?
Oh man, Love Does by Bob Goff was hilarious. Also, The Hobbit was so funny!! I rarely laugh out loud when I’m reading, but that book had me laughing so hard. I’m sure my siblings were wondering why. XD
- How often do you read new books?
Not very often since I got sugar gliders and we stopped out Amazon Prime membership. Um, so new books cost money most of the time. XD So I’ve been doing a lot of re-reading this year.
- Do you prefer reading fiction or non-fiction?
Honestly, I really can’t say. I really like both genres. There are amazing aspects to each.
- Who is the last fictional character you related to? (Or the last real person you related to if you’re talking about non-fiction 😉)
I related a lot to Agatha in The Carved Cupboard by Amy Le. Feuvre. I also somewhat related to Clara in Captitola’s Peril by E.D.E.N Southworth. And Bertha in The Giant Killer by Charlotte Maria Tucker.
- What’s the saddest book you’ve ever read?
Saddest book ever?! I can’t choose. I’ve read a lot of sad books. Some of the saddest are My Emily by Matt Patterson, I Will Carry You by Angie Smith, Passports Through Darkness by Kimberly Smith and I Will Love You Forever by Cori Salchert.
- Where’s your favorite place to read?
MY ROOM! With my music, a cup of tea and a blanket. But I’ll read just about anywhere.
- What’s the last book that inspired you?
In God’s Underground. I’d read it a few years ago, but forgotten most of it. Rereading it again really inspired me to hold to my faith no matter what.
- Have you ever gotten to meet an author?
*thinks hard* No? I have a feeling that maybe I have, but I’m not sure when or where…
welcome to my tired, confused brain. Jehosheba and I went to a writers conference a couple years ago, and we were surrounded by a lot of writers and authors, but we didn’t actually talk or interact with them much? I think?? My brain is shutting down.
- Do you read certain books at weird times of the year (like Christmas stories in the middle of summer)?
- Do you prefer hardcover, paperback or digital?
- Do you like books that have illustrations?
- What is one book that you reread over and over again?
- Why do you reread that book?
- What is one genre that you won’t read in?
- What is one popular book that you can’t stand?
- Who is one popular character that you hate?
- Who is one little known character that you love?
- What is the longest book that you’ve read?
If you love books, you are nominated!