Guys, I seriously can’t believe it. It’s here. It’s really, truly here. We’re leaving Tennessee for our new home tomorrow. This is our last full day living here. I’m still in shock, I guess. As much as I love moving and traveling, this happened so fast that my mind had no time to wrap itself around the truth.
I think back on our time here in Tennessee. It certainly was not what I was expecting, in both good and bad ways. But then again, 2020 wasn’t really what anyone was expecting. It’s weird to think that such a short time ago, people didn’t wear masks and the idea of “social distancing” wasn’t in action. Like…how is it possible for life to change so drastically in so little time?
Last night, I was sitting in my nearly-empty bedroom, wondering how this day came so fast. Wondering what the next chapter of our lives will hold. Wondering if it’ll be good, bad, or mediocre. Wondering if I would ever be able to figure out the best way to eat spaggetti.
I had all sorts of stuff I was going to say. This was going to be a whole looking-back-on-my-life post. But *shrugs* I just don’t have a ton left to say. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. So here are 25,000 words worth in pictures of our time here. (I am also MASSIVLY ANNOYED with this computer. I had more pictures but it wouldn’t load them up.)
February & March
Wow, that is WAY too many pictures of me! XD And man, I look so tired in all of them. XD XD
April & May
June & July
August & September
And I’m done with my reminiscing. I have a few tags to do now. :)😛😊
First up, we have….Got This Feeling Tag by Kaley!! I absolutely love music, so I was super excited to see this one! Thanks so much, girl! 🙂
- Thank the person who tagged you
- Include the tag logo
- Shuffle your favorite playlist or album and write down the first four songs and how they make you feel.
- Tag 4-8 people
(Also….for some strange reason our Amazon account (which has my playlist and all of my music) is written in Spanish….*taps chin* I need to have Jehosheba come read it for me….
What Love Really Means by JJ Heller
I will love you for you
Not for what you have done or what you will become
I will love you for you
I will give you the love
The love that you never knew
I have loved this song for so many years. It is such a good reminder that we are loved not for what we do or unloved because we’ve messed up over and over again. We’re loved because we’re precious in the sight of our God and Creator.
You Are More by Tenth Avenue North
She knows all the answers
And she’s rehearsed all the lines
And so she’ll try to do better
But then she’s too weak to try
This song makes me sad and thankful at the same time. When I first heard it, I was eleven and I related to those very words above. I had written out similar words in my journal over and over again. At the time, I could only relate to the sad, broken girl in the song. Now, I can see that it doesn’t end there. Maybe…maybe I can be (or am) more than the mistakes that I’ve made in the past.
Shame by Andy Mineo
Punishing myself for all of these crimes
And I’m trying to convince God that I’m not a waste of His time
What’s wrong with me? Am I defective?
I keep on making a mess, why can’t I ever get it together?
Soon people gon’ find out I’m not what they expected
They see who I really am then I end up rejected
I try to stand tall, but these knees are collapsing
‘Stead of asking for help these apps’ll distract me
So lonely, but so many people are friending me
While I post, I hope one day to be happy as I pretend to be
This song. So sad. So true. Everyone is so broken and everyone is trying so hard to appear whole. But our brokenness doesn’t mean that we are defective or lost forever. There’s beauty in the broken.
Find Your Way by KB
You’re a masterpiece
Not a piece to be mastered, your master
You will not decide your the Master’s piece
That makes you flawless, flawless
Regardless, you’re a loved woman
Who taught you to hate your skin?
Who taught you to hate your lips?
Who taught you, huh?
Who saw you and made you live?
Who sought you and made you His?
I don’t normally like this style of music, but I really like this song. It doesn’t really give me a specific feeling, lol. Just memories. 😶
Next we have the Bookish Tag also from Kaley. Thanks! 🙂
- Link to the tag’s creator (Madison’s Inkwell).
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Tag as many people you want (10 people, in my case).
- Answer the questions asked by your nominator.
- Create 10 new questions for your nominees.
- What book inspires you to live a better life?
The Bible first of all. And then encouraging biographies. ❤
- What is the funniest story that you’ve read in the past month?
UMM. I didn’t actually read a lot of funny stories this month…I read part of one of the In Grandma’s Attic books. Those stories always crack me up.
- If you enjoy writing, what genre do you write in?
- What is a genre of book that you enjoy, but other people your age don’t?
*laughs* For school I’ve had to read quite a few “old” books. I did enjoy them, but I doubt many other people my age would. XD
- What was the last book that you read?
Perfectly Unique by Annie Downs. I’ve read it like three or four times since I got it last year! It’s so good.
- Hardcover or paperback?
Paperback = cheaper. More money left = more books. XD Seriously, though, I mainly read digital books on me kindle.
- Do you normally read a book in one sitting or multiple?
Multiple, unless I’m on a road trip.
- When is your favorite time to read?
At night when everyone else is asleep.
When I should be asleep, too.
- What is one book you think everyone should read?
- And finally, what was the worst book you’ve read in the past two years?
Um. I’m not actually sure. I haven’t read many bad books. XD
- What is one series that you wish had more books?
- What is your opinion on fantasy?
- How many books do you read (on average) in a month?
- What is one book that you thought you wouldn’t like, but fell in love with in the end?
- How many books do you read at a time? (i.e. do you read one or do you read three or four at once?)
- Would you consider yourself a bookworm?
- What is the oldest book you’ve read?
- What is the newest book you’ve read?
- What is one fact about your reading habits that would surprise someone?
- And finally, where do you buy most of your books?
Now we have the Sunshine Blogger Award. A big thanks to Lizzie Grace for nominating me! Be sure to check out her blog and give her a follow! 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your blog post
- What’s your favorite single book?
I CAN’T DECIDE! There are so many books that I am in love with!!!!!
- What do you use to listen to music? (e.g. Spotify, YouTube, etc.)
Amazon Unlimited. *nods* It has everything. It’s so easy to listen to stuff there. *happy sigh*
- Are you listening to anything right now?
Does the movie “Wreck It Ralph” count? My siblings are watching it right now and it’s flooding my ears. XD
- What is a bad habit you want to break?
I’ll get around to it one of these days. I’m working on it….XD
- Are you more of a giving or receiving person?
I love giving people stuff. And I love getting stuff. Although the second can be awkward depending on who is giving it to me. 😂
- What do you like to eat for lunch?
- Favorite Netflix/Prime/Disney+ show?
Um…..there are lots that I love. XD
- What’s your favorite candy?
Zotz. They’re SOOO GOOOD! I also like anything sour.
- Are you allergic to anything? If so what?
I don’t think so. But my brothers are.
- Favorite vacay you’ve ever been on?
Either 2016 or 2017’s vacation. They were the first that we had taken in forever and were so much fun! We got to see so many different states, old friends and new places. It was awesome!
- What is your favorite number?
Three. Or seven.
Anyone who has eaten a sunflower seed in the last year.
- Do you prefer writing on the computer or by hand?
- Do you like art?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Have you ever moved?
- Do you write letters?
- Do you like sour candies?
- Do you like to write?
- If so, what?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What inspired you to blog?
- Who is your biggest inspiration in life?
Finally we have The Real Outsanding Blogger Award from Magaidh! Thank you!
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
- What would you do with $5,000?
I would give some of it away, buy a bunch of sugar glider toys, save some of it, and buy some books. 🙂
- If you could bring to life any fictional character, who would it be?
ANY?! Probably someone from the Chronicles of Narnia! I’m not sure who, though!
- What do you wish your hair looked like?
I wish it was black, twice the length and much thicker. Unfortunately, I have very very thin hair. 😦
- How many states/countries have you been to?
- Do you prefer sunshine or rain?
It depends. I love rainy days, but after a while they can get boring and depressing.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I CAN’T CHOOSE! There are so many amazingly, wonderful, beautiful places around the world that I would LOVE to live in!
- If you could instantly speak any language fluently, which would it be?
Probably Spanish. 🙂
- Ice cream or cake?
Ice cream 100%. I’m not a huge fan of cake.
Do you like trailmix?
How often do you clean your ears? (Hey, the rules said unique questions!)
If you listen to AIO, who is your favorite character?
Do you eat more with your fingers or with utensils?
Do you like candles?
Do you like cleaning?
Do you like to vacuum?
*wipes forehead* And that is it, peoples! Have a great day! I applaud you if you read to the end of this post. *nods* (Hey….if you did, comment down below and say, “P.S. Cayenne Pepper” 😂😂🤣)