Hey guys! Today I’m sitting down here to write a random post and to do some awards that I’ve been putting off. XD I love doing them, but somehow I just leave them to pile up. *laughs*
I made nutella stuffed cookies earlier today. I discovered my deep love for making/eating/sharing stuffed cookies. The first ones I made were s’more. I made regular cookie dough and then put pieces of graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate inside, baked it and then devoured it. SO GOOD. *heart eyes* Mama has made several types as well – cream cheese, candy bar, chocolate, nutella. So today while I was babysitting me two youngest siblings, I decided to make nutella stuffed cookies. It was my first time making browned butter, and I was surprised by how much flavor it added!
(I planned to insert a picture here but, uh, they’re not around anymore. XD)
For the past couple months, I’ve been working on my most recent novel, known as My Nameless Story. XD I HATE coming up with names for stories. 🥺 In fact, the last novel I finished is still in the process of being named. XD Anyway, Nameless went so well during CWW, but since then I haven’t written much. *sighs* It’s a little over 55,000 words right now. I’m getting closer to the end, but man. It still seems so far away. XD
Aria – determined, strong, self-sufficient, angry, distrusting
MoonChaser – loyal, goofy, talkative, childish joy, tiny
Elone – aloof, cold, stern, defensive, fierce, silent
What they would look like if they were random faceless blobs of color
Aria Stevens was a normal teen until she found an old paper in her attic and everything she thought she knew was turned upside down. Within months, the country was being invaded by creatures from another world. With little time to spare, she finds herself in the strange world of Rowana in search of a Lost Book. Aria and her friends, MoonChaser and Elone are the only hope that Earth and Rowana have.
*laughs* Oh dear. I am seriously so bad at writing summaries. XD
A couple of excerpts from my strange lil story XD
Early the next morning, before the sun had even risen, The Untouchables forced their prisoners to get up and march before them. The sun had finally come out, but Aria didn’t care. It might as well be raining. They were going back the way that they had just come. The hunger and discomfort that they had suffered over the last few days was worthless. Aria’s heart sank lower with each step.
MoonChaser was ahead of her and Elone behind. The DreamWisher had never looked so sad. She didn’t speak at all, but kept her head low and eyes glued to the ground.
“Hey, you okay?” Aria whispered and then realized how ridiculous the question sounded. Of course they weren’t okay. They were prisoners of their enemies being led to their deaths. Even if they somehow managed to escape, they would have to take the same journey over again. They were losing valuable time. Every day LightBreaker’s power grew stronger over both worlds.
MoonChaser didn’t respond.
“It’s not all your fault.” Aria said, trying to encourage the little DreamWisher. “You were hungry and cold and tired. Just like all of us.”
MoonChaser sighed. “Yeah. Sure.”
For two whole weeks they endured the miserable conditions. Then one day, when the snow was particularly bad, they reached their breaking point. An unbearably cold wind froze their lips and numbed their whole bodies. They all stumbled and fell often. Each step was agonizingly hard and required ten times the strength and effort as normal. MoonChaser’s constant babbling about the meticulous design of snowflakes made Aria want to scream. Elone walked with his head down and arms crossed in brooding silence.
Aria stumbled and fell and hit her cheek on a fallen tree limb that stuck up through the thick snowdrifts. Though her face was nearly numb, she still felt the stinging pain.
“I hate this!” She cried as she hit the stick over and over with her fists. “I hate snow. I hate walking. I hate everything that has happened to me in the past seven months.”
“Hitting inanimate objects won’t help anything.” MoonChaser pointed out, with a slight nod of her little head.
“Yeah? Well maybe I should hit you instead. You haven’t stopped talking for hours. Can’t we just walk in silence?”
“I’ve tried not talking. But it doesn’t work. The words just flow out of me like water from a –”
“Just stop it!” Aria hated herself for screaming at the innocent DreamWisher, but it seemed as though every nerve in her body snapped at that moment. The only voice she had was loud and angry and the only words left to say were ones of frustration and chastisement.
Elone, who had barely spoken a word all day, stepped between the flushed human and the smirking Dreamwisher. He pointed to their right with his hand and said, “Look over there.”
Aria squinted in the general direction of his hand and saw the same blank, white forest that they had been journeying through for ages.
“Great. More snow. Thanks a lot, Elone.”
Elone all but grabbed her head and tilted it to her right. With an annoyed huff, he said, “It looks like a pathway has been cleared up parallel to the place that we’re walking. I noticed it some time ago.”
“Hurrah.” Aria said gloomily. “We get to be mocked by an easier path while we struggle through this one.”
“Or we could take the easier one.” Elone’s voice was low, as though he was sharing a dark secret. “For at least five or six miles, it’s followed our exact trail.”
Aria tried to sound determined, but everything inside of her cried for rest. “It can’t be that easy. Why in the world would there be a cleared path in the middle of the forest. Apart from the Untouchables, we’re the only ones out here.”
“Does it really matter why it’s there?”
MoonChaser, who apparently wasn’t listening to their conversation, once again started to trudge ahead. Aria watched her trip, fall and land on her face. Cold snow stung her eyes and got into her mouth.
Aria looked again at the other path. What Elone said was true. It was parallel to theirs. They would still be following the Mighty One’s instructions and going straight. They would just take a little detour. Fifty feet off of their current path and they would be back on their way.
Snow began to fall again. Aria clenched her jaw and nodded towards Elone.
I need to get back into my schedule for writing. And school. And stop staying up past one so that I can actually be AWAKE during the day. *laughs* Last night I was up so late trying to research stuff about my baby Ink because he was acting sooo weird. Of course I didn’t find anything. 😑 But he’s doing okay today so….
I am paranoid. Especially when I can’t find rational answers to all of life’s problems.
Anyway, ON TO THE AWARDS! I was nominated by Esther for the Outstanding Blogger Award! Thank you so much, Esther! ❤
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
- Sunrises or sunsets?
Sunsets. I’m rarely awake to see the sunrise. XD I am not an early bird AT ALL. I like the IDEA of it, and would love to be, but early in the morning I choose to sleep in instead of getting up. XD
- Favorite candy?
ANYTHING SOOOUR! I LOVE sour candies!
- Least favorite gum flavor?
Extra’s bubble gum flavor. That stuff is so gross.
- Lemonade or sweet tea?
I’d say lemonade.
- Favorite musical?
Fiddler on the Roof. We just watched it last night actually!
- Favorite gemstone?
- Favorite blogging award/tag?
I like ’em all! They’re so much fun!
Have you ever had stuffed cookies?
In your opinion, what is the best way to eat spaghetti?
If you’re still in school, do you do it through the summer?
Favorite book series?
Do you prefer showers or baths?
Next we have The Most Important Guest Tag created by Purple Rose. Thank you for the nomination! ❤
- Thank the person who tagged you and include a link to their post
- Link the original post (The Most Important Guest Tag) and give credit to the creator of this tag (Purple Rose) https://reluctantpreachersdaughter.wordpress.com From Purple Rose: “I heard someone talking one day about how people would behave if Jesus showed up at their front door. I thought that would be a good idea for a tag. Good for self–reflection and fun.“
- Answer the 10 original questions asked by Purple Rose
- Tag as many people as you like
- Use the original tag image as the FEATURED image on your post.
- Jesus has shown up unannounced at your front door, how long will it take you to answer the door?
My parents/siblings normally answer the door. XD I guess it depends on if I knew it was Jesus or not.
2. Is there anything you would want to put away or hide before you let Jesus in?
WANT to? Probably.
3. If Jesus looks for your Bible, where will He find it?
On my kindle, on the phone and on my bookshelf.
4. If Jesus asks you to play the last song you listened to, what song will it be?
Lemme think….I think it would be O God Do Not Be Silent by Wendel Kimbrough.
5. If Jesus asks you to put on the last TV show, movie or YouTube video you watched, what will it be?
6. It’s dinner time, what restaurant are you taking Jesus to?
Um. We don’t go out to many restaurants, but probably O’Charley’s. 🙂
7. Do you invite anyone to join you for dinner or do you want to have dinner alone with Jesus?
I’d probably invite my family.
8. Jesus has never eaten at the restaurant you are at, what do you recommend He order for dinner?
The classic burger. XD So good.
9. As you are eating dinner, you look toward the entrance and see the one person who has hurt you the most. What do you do?
If I was honest, probably ignore them and hope that they went away.
10. Before Jesus leaves, do you ask to take a picture with Him on your cell phone?
Of course! I’d be an awesome reminder to look back on!
And last of all, we have The Whosoever Tag also created by Purple Rose! ❤ ❤
- This tag is for any follower of Jesus who wants to do it. If you love Jesus and are a “Whosoever”, you are tagged.
- Link the original post (The Whosoever Tag) and give credit to the creator of this tag (Purple Rose) https://reluctantpreachersdaughter.wordpress.com
- Answer the 10 original questions asked by Purple Rose
- Share the link to at least one Christian blog post or blogger you love (you may share as many blog posts or bloggers as you like).
- Use the original tag image as the FEATURED image on your post:
- How old were you when you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?
I don’t have a specific date where I accepted Christ. I grew up knowing about Him and believing in Him. When I was a very young teen, I started struggling with questions of His existence, his care, if he could actually forgive us, etc. It was sometime after that that I really surrendered control.
2. How many times have you been baptized?
Once, when I was younger.
3. What Bible story or verse puzzles you most?
Oh man, there are so many that confuse me. *laughs sadly*
4. What is something you would like to know about Heaven?
What language everyone will speak.
5. Who is the first person you knew on earth that you will look for or you hope will be waiting to greet you at the pearly gates?
Probably my miscarried siblings. ❤ ❤
6. Why do you think the streets in Heaven are made of gold?
Gold is something very precious and special here on earth.
7. What is the ONE burning question you can’t wait to ask Jesus?
If man has free will or not.
8. Other than Jesus, what person from the Bible are you most interested to meet?
Ruth or Esther. *nods*
9. What are 3 things you won’t miss about being on earth?
Pain. Fear of abandonment. Anger and hatred.
10. What is the best spiritual advice you have ever received?
Even though everything around us is changing constantly and unpredictably, God stays the same. In the storm, he is the one and only thing that we can hold on to.
Well guys, thanks for reading! I gotta go, but have an awesome day!