So I was tagged for two different tags! 😉 YAY!!! 🙂 So here goes!
Oh, and THANK YOU to everyone who took my survey! I enjoyed the answers! 🙂
1. List your top ten songs in answer to the questions
2. Hyperlink the songs if at all possible
3. Tag as many people as you want
4. Feel free to use my graphic or one of your own.
5. Have fun!!
1. What’s a soundtrack song you can’t help but sing along to?
Uh….I’m not a big singer. (Maybe because my voice is terrible….) So I can’t really answer this question. :p
2. What’s a song you love from a genre you don’t?
Ugh, that’s a hard question. MAAAYYYYBBBBEEE the song Backseat Driver by TobyMac?????
3. What’s a song that makes you cry every time, without fail?
I don’t cry at music. *Ahem*
4. What would be your theme song?
5. What’s a song tied to a good memory?
You Are More by Tenth Avenue North. I guess it wasn’t really a GREAT memory…more like me sitting in the van, when I was like 10 or 11 and wishing with my whole heart that I could be more than the things that I’d done.
6. If you’re a writer, what song best sums up your main character? If you don’t write…song for your favorite book’s main character?
Oh man, that is a very good question. Uh, right NOW for the story I’m working on, maybe the song Does Anybody Hear Her or Broken Girl….I’m not really sure. XD my story that I’m writing is kinda depressing…😬🥺
7. What’s a song you always play on repeat?
8. What’s the most convicting song you’ve heard?
AH! WHY ARE THESE QUESTIONS SO HARD?! Hmmm….maybe Starts With Me by TobyMac.
9. What song reminds you most of your childhood?
I thought I still was a child. XD Nah, just kidding. Uh, I’m not sure… maybe the You Are More song…I’m pretty sure I was still a kid back then….
10. What’s your favorite song?
THAT IS AN IMPOSSIBLE QUESTION! Probably one of those above that I play over and over again on repeat. XD
Jehosheba (AGAIN. YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS ONE! XD)
And secondly, I was tagged to do this Honor the Father Tag by Joshua. Thank you! I’m doing this a little late but……
A note from Dollface…
The Meaning of this Tag:
A father is someone who loves his child unconditionally, provides for them, protects them always, teaches them values, disciplines them fairly, and wants the best for them. For that, we should always, ALWAYS have respect for our fathers. They are created to bear the responsibility of caring for and protecting their families just as God calls them to do. Father’s Day is about reminding your father how much you appreciate him, but I hope this tag will perhaps remind you this month how blessed you are to have a father at all.
As I said before, this is a very hard day for me every year. My father and I have a very complex relationship. In fact, it is the polar opposite of my relationship with my mother. Growing up I felt abandoned, rejected, unloved, forgotten, and neglected because of his behavior that stemmed from alcoholism and what I believe could have been other mental health issues (don’t quote me, I’m not a doctor XD).
I will always love my father. He is a part of me, half of me to be exact. However, mustering the strength to honor or respect him at all has taken a long time to do. We talk sometimes over text, but not a lot. Some days he responds and I feel like we’re getting somewhere, then he vanishes like he always did. It has helped living a thousand miles away from him since finishing high school, but I have come to accept the pain I feel from my childhood will never go away. Recently, in the last week actually, he said something that has proven he’ll never change. I was trying to gain closure, but he continues to blame me for things that I may talk about in another post. Anyways, he may move on in his life, which is painful for me to watch, but that doesn’t change the past he continues to deny and blame me for.
If you have a similar situation, whether you have been abused, manipulated, abandoned, or rejected by your father (even someone else in your family), can I give you some advice that has helped me cope with such a toxic relationship?
You have a choice. You can walk away. You can block a number. You can say no. You can cut them off from your life. That doesn’t mean you don’t honor them, that just means you have enough respect for yourself to protect your heart and enough respect for them to love them at a safe distance. You can pray for someone every day and never talk to them again. Isn’t that better than subjecting yourself to more pain and building up further resentment that could become the poison of unforgiveness? I think so, because no one deserves to be abused in any way. You deserve love. If you don’t/didn’t receive that love from your father, always know you have a Father in Heaven who loves you more than your father ever could.
I hope you do have an awesome father though. If you do, give him a bear hug and be grateful to have the best protector you could have on this earth. If you don’t, pray for him, friend.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you to participate.
2. Use the original featured image.
3. Copy and paste the introduction and meaning of this tag at the beginning of your post, along with the links to both creators’ original posts. *This rule is very important. Please, please link this post and Purple Rose’s post so that as authors we may be alerted when a tag is published. It also gives us proper credit, which is much appreciated. Thank you
4. Answer the questions.
5. Nominate one or more people to participate.
6. Enjoy the rest of your month!
Here are the questions for this month’s tag:
1. What is your relationship like with your biological father, if anything at all?
Thankfully, I have a good relationship with my daddy. ❤
2. What is one thing you would change about your father if you could? What is one thing you wouldn’t change?
I don’t know… *scratches head* Hmmm….. well, I wouldn’t change that Daddy is funny and likes to make us laugh. 🙂
3. Who do you celebrate on Father’s Day (your father, step-father, grandfather, uncle, etc.)?
I celebrate my daddy and my two grandpas. 🙂
4. What was the most valuable thing he taught you?
That God is real and that Jesus died to save us from our sins so that we could live eternally and live this life fully.
5. What is one thing he does that you would never do?
Uh…………………..grill???? Oh, or ride my little brother’s bike around just for fun. XD
6. How do you honor him on Father’s Day?
I’ll make him a card or sometimes I’ll make a cake. This last year Jehosheba and I cleaned up the house for him. 🙂
7. How has your relationship with him impacted the person/parent you are today?
*thinks* I guess it is really special that I have a good daddy who loves me and who takes care of me and my siblings and Mama. 🙂 ❤
I will tag…
Jehosheba (Yup, I’m tagging you again, sis, just in case you decided not to do the first one. XD)
Anybody else who wants to do this one! 🙂