I really dislike indoor exercising. I find it really long and really boring. It seems like a big waste of time to me. I often think, “There are so many other things that I could be doing right now. So many other things that I NEED TO be doing right now!” But for the last three or four weeks, I have been using the exercising equipment that we have in our basement. I don’t mind outdoor exercise. I think its lots of fun. I like hiking and taking walks in the spring, summer and fall. But then winter comes and everything gets cold and it gets dark early and somehow those outdoor activities seem less fun. So time to turn to the ol’ basement. If you dislike indoor exercising like me, here are some tips to make it more enjoyable! I don’t know what type of exercising equipment you all have, but if you have a treadmill or a stationary bike like we do, this might be of some help. (I hope!)
- First of all, don’t do this alone. I personally really like to be alone…a lot…but there is something about exercising in a basement all by yourself that makes the time feel reeeeeeaaaaaly long. Get someone to come with you. You can even exercise together.
- Listen to music. The times goes by much faster if you are enjoying your music instead of (like me) staring at the clock, wishing the time would go faster. Find happy, “bouncy” music. I LOVE sad music and I will sit in one place and listen to it over and over and over again until Jehosheba makes me stop (because I’ve been listening to the same song for twenty minutes straight.) But listening to sad music while exercising makes me feel…droopy, if you know what I mean!
- Set goals. Setting goals is so much fun! I setting a goal and then overcoming it and setting an even bigger one the next time. It gives me purpose to my exercising.
- When you set goals, start out small and get bigger over time. I always make the mistake of getting overly-ambitious and setting really big goals, getting halfway through and giving up. So start small and work your way up. It’ll keep you from getting so discouraged about your progress.
- If you have more than one piece of exercise equipment, try them all out and see which is the most fun. I’ve been using the treadmill lately, because it is so much more fun than the stationary bike!
- Umm…okay, well that’s all of the tips that I have right now…I thought of a whole bunch while I was excising today, but I forgot most of them! XD!
Have a great day. If you live somewhere warm, go for a walk! If you live somewhere cold…well, I sympathize with you! XD!